Week 6 Overview – Prayer for Revival
This week we seek God for personal, local and national renewal. The Scripture instructs us to humble ourselves, seek His face, confess our sins, repent and turn from our wicked ways. When we do this, God promises to heal our land.
During this week we will observe a “Disciple’s/Jewish Fast” in which we will fast daily from 8 am to 6 pm. During the daylight hours you are encouraged to consume only liquids and broth. Just as Jesus encouraged His disciples to fast, we too are fasting and calling out to God for a great revival.
Action Step Suggestions.
- Continue to spend daily time with God through Scripture reading, prayer and worship.
- Memorize this week’s memory verse.
- Continue to journal your thoughts and experiences.
- Confess personal, church and national sin.
- Ask God specifically to send revival beginning with you.
- Pray for all the churches in your community to stand united for the cause of Christ.
- Pray for healing and the transformation of your community.
This Saturday you will be encouraged to bathe your community in prayer through prayer walks and drive-bys. Ask God this week to direct you in where and how you should pray this week.
“…if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” – 2 Chronicles 7:14