Week 5 Overview – Fasting for Boldness
This week we will focus on boldness in sharing Christ with others. Jesus said that we would be his witnesses, so during this week we will ReDIRECT our hearts, our time and intentionality towards living our lives so others meet Jesus.
During this week we will participate in a modified “Daniel Fast.” In Daniel Chapter 1, Daniel commits to not defile himself by consuming only vegetables and water; in doing so God blessed him with health, nourishment, knowledge and understanding. In following Daniel’s example, this week we will consume only fruit, nuts, vegetables and water.
Action Step Suggestions.
- Continue to spend daily time with God, through Scripture reading, prayer and worship.
- Memorize this week’s memory verse.
- Continue to journal your thoughts and experiences.
- Invite a friend to church.
- Be alert for opportunities to engage in spiritual converstaions.
This week you are encouraged to be bold in your faith and invite someone to church with you this coming Sunday. Ask God to lead you to the right person or people to invite, pray that He will give you the boldness to ask, and trust that God will soften their hearts to accept your invitation.
“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us’ And I said, ‘Here am I, send me!’” – Isaiah 6:8