Week Four – Day 6
SERVICE DAY – Find a way to bless those who are less fortunate.
Have you ever heard someone say, “Where your treasure is, your heart is also”? While there is certainly some truth to this, it is actually misquoted from Matthew 6. Jesus never said, “Where your treasure is, your heart is also.” Rather, He explained that “where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” There is a significant difference here – “will be” speaks of future action. In other words, wherever you place your treasures, your heart will follow them.
Think about it. If you ever invested in a stock, you know this to be true. After investing, you find yourself very interested in all the details of that company. You now want to know everything they are involved in. How they are managed? Any future products? How about profit? You may even find yourself checking your stock progress every day. Why? Because you are completely vested. Your heart is following your treasure. Do you want to have a passion for kingdom investments? Missions? Church planting? The poor? Jesus says investing your treasure into those areas and your heart will change. You will find yourself more interested in seeing His kingdom come. Before long, your life will reflect God’s heart. Take a step today. Invest your treasures and see what God will do!
- Give your time to a local shelter/food pantry or soup kitchen.
- Join your church in an area service project to bless your community.
- Consider giving a day’s salary to “One Day To Feed The World” (www.onedaytofeedtheworld.org)
- Consider giving a portion of the money you saved this week in groceries to a need in your church or community.
- Consider sponsoring a child in an impoverished nation through organizations like http://www.compassion.com and http://www.worldvision.com
- Give your time to a local shelter/food pantry/soup kitchen.
Pray that God would help you excel in giving. Pray that this week you would ReDIRECT money normally used for something temporal and give it toward something eternal.
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21 NIV