Week 3 Overview – Fasting for Families
This week’s fast is about the family. In our society today families are often disconnected from God and one another. This week we ReDIRECT our focus to becoming families that honor God and build lasting relationships.
During this week you will be encouraged to fast from all media and technology and ReDIRECT that time to connect with God and building family relationships. By redirecting our time and activities away from distrations that rob us of those connections, we can work to lead our family toward devotion to Christ. After school and work you will fast from all media technology including video games, television, phones, computers, tablets and internet. During your evenings you are encouraged to replace these activities with quality time with your family.
Action Step Suggestions.
- As a family, continue to spend daily time with God, through Scripture reading, prayer and worship.
- Memorize this week’s memory verse and continue to journal your thoughts.
- Eat dinner together each night as a family.
- Play a board game with your family or go on a family bike ride.
- Invite someone who may not have family nearby to join yours one evening.
- If you are single, remember your church is also your family. Connect with them.
This Saturday you will be encouraged to do something special as a family as well as inviting other families or singles to join you. Take a moment to look over the suggestions on page 28 and begin to pray and plan what your family should do.
“But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” – Joshua 24:15